Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Food

If you know me at all, you know I love food.

I love to smell food. Think about food. Cook food. Taste food. Day dream about food. Analyze food. Touch food. Grow food. Take pictures of food. Read about food. Chop food. Share food. Try new food. Talk about food. Does the word "food" look funny to you, too, now? Food Food Food.

I like to think that I have broadened Chad's food horizons & refined his palate a bit. Poor guy was eating oatmeal for most dinners before we got married. And I also found a can of spaghetti in his pantry...I guess that's not saying much then. Almost anything is a step up from oatmeal & canned spaghetti.

All this to say: I am so excited for warmer weather! The abundance of fresh produce is good for my heart (figuratively & literally!).

This past summer/fall we had our first attempt at a garden. Some successes & some failures (mostly failures) but learned a lot & am looking forward to gardening again with my new knowledge. Right now the garden is a little...unkempt. There are broccoli & carrots & lettuce & cilantro that somehow survived the winter. Plus two strawberry plants are also going crazy.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be time for another garden this summer. We just got orders that we will be moving to Barksdale AFB mid June. So I'm thinking that by the time we get a house, it may be too late for much of a summer garden! I am very interested to see what the culture is like there. If there are any other foodies, farmer's markets or homesteaders in the area.

Anywho, random post, but it seemed like time to update! Must drive hubby to PT on base so he can bring his car home later (we parked it there last night on the way to church).

3 comments:

  1. okay I don't know what I'm suddenly Cams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was telling Jonathan last night about you and your food!! I know that sounds odd but he sold a computer to a girl who is a dietitian and he and the other sales guy picked her brain. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete