Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Learning to Fight Back

1 Peter 5:8 says that the devil "prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

Satan knows just what to do so he can gobble me up. Lie. Nothing fancy or elaborate. And the same exact lie works pretty much every time.

Well, I'm finally getting wise to his ways.

And I am learning to defend myself against the "angel of light". Because he is not full of truth - he is full of darkness. And I am promised victory by the Lion of Judah!

Satan may try a new version of the lie or a whole new tactic, but I know that when I am armed with the Sword of the Spirit, I can "extinguish the flaming darts of the evil one" (Eph 6:16). The Gospel of Truth is more powerful than the words of the serpent.

Without over-sharing, one verse that I am clinging to as truth against the particular lie Satan is using this time: "but the LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love." Psalm 147:11

Truth wins, Jesus wins!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! Great blog Dayle!! Praising God for what turned out to be a faithful, fruitful lunch/study today.

    ReplyDelete