Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hogue Happenings

How in the world has it been almost a month since my last post?! Let me try to hit the high points for you!

1. Miller Family Vacation: My parents, brother & sister in law & sister & brother in law all came down to FL for a week. We had a rental house down on beautiful Cape San Blas (about 3 hours from where Chad & I live). The beaches are pet friendly, which was awesome because there are not many around here where we can let the dogs play. They had a blast splashing in the ocean & chasing birds. Then Basil ate a jellyfish. So Chad had to gag her and then she threw it up. And now she's fine. (That's the short version of the story). Dad fished all week, but only caught 1 fish...on the very last day. This was also the day we rented a pontoon boat and subsequently ran a-ground in the middle of St Joseph Bay. We literally had to get out & push! We saw lots of wildlife during the week: a bald eagle, dolphins, sand dollars, sponges, crabs, sea snails, sand flies (well, didn't see those but felt them biting!!), and even a shark! The weather wasn't the best, but it was really good to spend time with family. It made me realize how much I miss them! In true Miller form, not many pictures were taken - but here are a couple my awesome brother in law took:



2. Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University: We didn't get to start at the very beginning, but jumped in about half way through the course at our church. I wouldn't say that Chad & I have been awful with our finances over the last year & a half, but we haven't been that great with them either! Going through this course together is really the best thing that could have happened! We are so much more organized/on the same page now. And I still get giddy to be able to say that we have paid off our debt & are going to switch off our credit cards at the beginning of next month!! We have been blessed beyond what we deserve (lets be honest...we don't deserve anything good!) by our parents - thanks to their wisdom & planning for our futures, so much of what our finances look like today is completely owed to them - thank you Hogues & Millers!!

3. Moving: yup, we are still planning on doing that this June. Shreveport here we come. Still not over the moon about the idea, but we are working on that! We are learning that each assignment is only as good as you make it. We are definitely looking forward to being somewhere longer than 6 months & feeling a little more settled. Florida is really starting to grow on us, so we will definitely miss Eglin too!

4. The Morrows are coming: YAY!!! I seriously can't be more exited! Even though we were only in CA for about 6 months, I will always think of it as home. It is where Chad & I started our lives together. And we were blessed by the best church family I could have ever hoped for. Marina & Greg are very sweet friends. Marina has become an accountability partner since we moved away & I can always count on her to speak the truth in love & to speak the Word to me when I need it. I am SO excited for our Florida adventures!!

5. EOD School: Chad is at the end of the Nukes course & starts Weapons of Mass Destruction soon (which will be the last section). I can't believe we are so close to graduation - May 6th!! When we started school last summer, this day seemed SO far way - but now it's almost here! I am so proud of my hard-working husband! Some of Chad's family is coming down to celebrate with us at graduation and we are really looking forward to spend time with them!

Well, those are the big things happening with us right now. We are making the most of the end of our time in FL & trying not to be overcome by the humidity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment