Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog Resurrected.

Is it blasphemous to refer to a blog being resurrected?
I'm not convinced that's even the right word for what I've done. I didn't bring my old blog (Adventures in a New Frontier) back to life. I started fresh. Uploading photos to my Wordpress blog caused many headaches, tears & frequent gnashing of teeth. I'm hopping blogger will be a more enjoyable experience. Enough of that though.

I've had the urge for a while to start chronicling life again - especially as things will be changing soon. Chad has been flying through EOD school (with just one little setback so far) and we are hoping to be moving to our next (unknown as of now) station in 3-4 months! They say change is the only thing that's ever constant right?

Speaking of change (pathetic segway, I know!) I wanted to share briefly now & more to come later - about the changes the Lord has been working in my heart. To say that our first year of marriage was easy (or even mostly enjoyable) would be a huge overstatement. This last year has been filled with frustration, anger, pride & many poorly handled situations in our marriage. Not to say that is all behind us or that we won't encounter any in the future. But the Lord has been so faithful! He constantly has been reminding us that we are both imperfect sinners (Romans 3:23) and will both let each other down. But we have been so blessed by grace (...but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more...Rom 5:20)! And we have reveled & basked in that grace over the last couple of months. And while we grow to understand more & more the Gospel of grace in our lives, we see more clearly the sin that entangles us. It is an ugly battle - the killing of pride, resentment, distrust & laziness. Colossians 3 is all about putting off the fleshly self & taking up Christ instead. I am so thankful for a husband who leads the charge against these offenses in our marriage! We are so far from perfect, but we are enjoying this time of growth together - learning what it means to glorify God in all aspects of our marriage!

2 comments:

  1. Dayle,

    I appreciate your honesty in your blog. Going through EOD school during the first year of marriage truly is tough - as you both well know. But as you said, God is faithful and it is a great time to learn and grow! So glad to hear that Chad has been doing so well in school. Best wishes to you both as he finishes!

    Ruth Myatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete